Friday, April 15, 2011

Panama - Ready for Our Last Day


Posted by Scotty Davis of Noonday Baptist Association - Marietta, GA

DSCN1882
I sit looking over the Panama City Sky line just at dawn. The city is already coming alive with the sound of traffic. I have had a full week with a great team of people who have sought to learn and work hard on their first experience out of the United States. I have to say that they have done well.   DSCN1885
The things that they have seen have not been so dynamic as to say thousands have been dramatically changed and that there were miracles on every corner with dynamic illustrations of people who have been raised up out of death beds.....but I do not think that is why the Lord sent us this week. This week has had much more to do with obedience and growth than miracles. Every team member chose to come this week.  They planned worked hard and prepared to come and they have been willing all week to say "Yes Lord." even if they did not understand the question.
The need of churches in Panama is firmly now fixed in my mind as something that is so needed and the only way it will happen is if Panamanian church planters see the need also and they are equipped to lead groups or cells that will grow.   A few have said yes. We have ask God for many more. The photos are from the group last night. We met with a group of church planters in their first class. We were all impressed with their commitment and desire to start groups. Cavin taught them how and very importantly why we are mapping areas. Mike Metzger shared with the group about the experience that he has had this week and how the Lord is working in his life. I shared about my call and what I now do in the work of missions, challenging the group to remember always that the living word of God is the message to everyone. All technique and strategy can do is prepare and give a platform ...It is the good news of the Gospel of Jesus Christ that we have and are sharing with a lost and desperate world.DSCN1848
Now on to our last day. We will return to vist a few places that we have already seen this week to pray one more time in the area. And then we will visit the IMB offices where we will meet Mary the Logistics Coordinator. But the event of the week will likely be tonight as we are going to help Aylen one of the most recent graduates of the church planting class. She will be inviting people into the home of a person of peace to have the very first meeting for a group in an area which has been prayer walked  and mapped. Aylen is ready because Cavin and the UP team has prepared and trained her. I am praying we get to see the birth of a church, We are asking you to pray for this also. Pray for all aspects. The prayer walk this afternoon, the food, the realtionships, the speaking, and the results.
In 24 hours we will have to make our way to the airport to return to the United States. I am praying we see the glory of the Lord in these last hours. This team has glorified the Lord all week with obedietnt hearts and steps. I am so impressed with our IMB missionary team and the work that they have already done and what we see going on. Continue to pray for them also.DSCN1902
Thanks for being a prayer partner with us this week. We have had a great week. It has been easy at times but crazy at times. We have had a lot of fun being in close quarters in a van and together constantly. But, I have told the team to beware as I can turn into a two headed monster if things get too crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment