Our time in Panama has come to an end. This week has gone by so quickly and we are all so excited about the opportunity we have had to serve the Lord. Each day we have spent time in the community of Don Bosco. This is an area in Panama that has over 45,000 people and only 1 Evangelical church. We have spent the last four days praying for the sweet people who live there as well as showing them love through several events. We have played games, put on tattoos, painted faces, assembled salvation bracelets, sang songs, took photos, decorated picture frames, and gave out lots of hugs. Many of the same children came back day after day to see our team and we loved seeing them. Today, Gary shared the gospel with the children. We are praying that children and their parents heard about Jesus and decided to choose Him to be their personal Lord and Savior. Only God knows the desires of their hearts, but we tried to be faithful to show His love to the people of Don Bosco.
As I reflect on this week, I can say with complete certainty that God deserves more from me than I am giving Him. I have watched committed Christians come to a community event and openly share the gospel with their neighbors. The Holy Spirit has reminded me that I don’t do the same. This is one of many lessons that God has taught me this week. I am so thankful that God allows me to serve Him in spite of my weaknesses and sinful nature. God has been amazing and I am so blessed to be able to serve alongside such a wonderful team.
Please continue to pray for the Louderbacks and the rest of the team and their ministry in Panama.
Leigh
No comments:
Post a Comment