Monday, July 4, 2011

Lessons from Lauren


Today, we were all able to wake up with great anticipation for a trip to a school, where we had the privilege of working with some of the most precious children you could ever meet. The kids were all pretty young, ranging from around 2-8 years old. This great time started off with some interactive music! I was able to take my guitar, and we were able to lead the children in songs such as “Jesus Loves Me” and “Gloria Dios”. It was so wonderful to be able to watch those kids sing in both English and Spanish, singing praises to our God with us. The unity of our team with the Panamanian people has been displayed all throughout this trip so far, and it’s been such a blessing to be a part of it! After the music, my mom (Jami) read a story to them and was able to go over some Basic English vocabulary with them – which was also very cool! Then my dad (Kenneth) got up in front of them all and told them a story out of the Bible, which was appropriately about Jesus loving all the little children. The kids were also able to make crafts, play games, sing, dance, and play. Being a part of it all was beautiful, and it served as a humbling reminder that there are people outside of our little egocentric worlds, and they are indeed precious to our Lord. As His people, it’s our job to go out and serve them to the best of our ability.
After we left the school, we spent a lot of time touring Panama. We were able to go to the mall, the Panama Canal, souvenir shopping, and just a basic tour of the great city. I have to say, it was incredible! The culture isn’t too different from ours in the United States, but the Panamanians are definitely a unique people. Again, it was humbling to witness these people in their element, especially those who are also in the family of God. They are all beautiful, precious creations, and our Abba loves them all so dearly. On one of our long bus rides this evening, I took the opportunity to pray over the people I saw on the street, as well as different neighborhoods, knowing that God sees each of them right where they are… He knows every heart, every situation, every hurt, and every victory. They are our family too, so be praying over them, and our team, as we begin to finish up the things here. I thank God for the opportunity I had to come here, and I pray for many more in the future!  

No comments:

Post a Comment